The ESCL is proud to present the winners of the ESCL Master Thesis Competition 2020.
The winner of the ESCL Master Thesis Prize 2020 is
Nicola Ibbotson (King’s College London) with her thesis "Do design competitions comply with the law and does the law provide a framework for finding value?".
The joint second prize was awarded to
June-Beom Kim (King's College London) for his thesis “Is it time for English law to consider disruption analysis for site-overheads claims? The contrast of Costain v Haswell and Walter Lilly v Mackay”
Gabriel Armanet (King's College London) for his thesis: “Delivering the Olympic Games: Will Paris 2024 be less well organised and equipped in procurement than London 2012?"
Winners of the ESCL Thesis prize are usually congratulated in an award ceremony during the annual ESCL conference. Due to the COVID-19 this year’s conference (and therefore the ceremony) is postponed to next year.
The ESCLThesis Master Prize 2020 jury consists of the following members:
- Adriana Spassova (The current President of the ESCL and chair of the Bulgarian Society of Construction Law)
- Professor Dr Benoît Kohl (Professor, University of Liège and University of Paris II - Counsel, Stibbe Brussels)
- Professor Dr Anthony P. Lavers (Counsel, White & Case LLP, London - Visiting Professor of Law, King’s College London)
- Professor Dr Hubert Stöckli (Professor at the Institute for Swiss and International Construction Law, University of Fribourg)
- Professor Dr M. Hugues Périnet-Marquet (Professor, University of Paris II)
The ESCL encourages students to submit their thesis with a construction and procurement law subject and written in English for the next ESCL Master thesis Prize competition. More information on next years’ competition can be found on the ESCL website http://www.escl.org/escl-prize-2021
If you have any question, please contact Mariëlla Veerman, secretary of the ESCL Master Thesis Prize: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
|ESCL Master Thesis Prize - Regulations - November 2018||556.36 KB|
|Announcement ESCL Master Thesis Prize 2020||186.24 KB|
|ESCL Master Thesis Prize 2020 - General Information||138.22 KB|
|ESCL Master Thesis Prize - Jury Report 2020||177.92 KB|